Dundee Animal Hospital Celebrating Our 55th Anniversary!
Our hospital has a long history and those that contributed to its beginnings should be thought of on this day. We would like to take this opportunity to share our story.
Dundee Animal Hospital was started by David A. McConnell, DVM, when he purchased the veterinary practice of Dr. H.G. Hoyt in 1957 located at 411 East Main Street in East Dundee. The practice had been limited to farm animals, but in 1958, Dr, McConnell became the first to service the needs of pets. In 1964 Dr. McConnell added a wing to the original location, and in 1970 he moved to the current location at 199 Penny Avenue.
In 1980, a second facility was purchased in Elgin to meet the needs of a growing community. In 1994, the Elgin facility was replaced with a new building. Continued growth in the valley led to the opening of our Lake-in-the-Hills office in 1988 and in 1996, that location was moved to a new hospital building in Algonquin.
The Dundee location hospital underwent a major expansion and remodel in the spring of 1999. This 15,000 square foot hospital is home to the Dundee general practice and 24 hour emergency center for the surrounding community.
Today our hospitals serve the needs of 11,727 clients and 16,637 pets, a truly remarkable story of growth. Our commitment to the community, providing the highest level of veterinary care and having a dedicated staff, in 1958 and today, made this growth possible.
Happy Anniversary to Us All!